Minted Lettuce Soup
|Round lettuce||1 , trimmed and shredded|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Chicken stock||2 Pint (Preferably Made Out Of Cubes)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Frozen peas||4 Ounce|
|Natural yoghurt||1⁄4 Pint|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped mint||1 Tablespoon|
1) In a pan, melt the butter. Toss in the chopped onion and saute for 5 minutes.
2) Add in the shredded lettuce and cook for 5 minutes.
3) Pour in the chicken stock.
4) Season the stock with salt and pepper. Cover the pan and allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
5) Next, add in the frozen peas. Cook them for 5 minutes till they are defrosted.
6) Allow the mixture to cool down slightly before transferring into a blender. Puree the mix.
7) Strain the soup through a very fine mesh or nylon sieve.
8) Transfer the soup into a soup tureen.
9) Mix in yoghurt, lemon juice and chopped mint.
10) Chill the soup before serving.
11) Garnish the Minted Lettuce Soup with mint and cream.