Golden Pumpkin Soup
|Dried pumpkin||2 Pound, peeled, seeded and cut into chunks (1 Kilograms)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Chicken stock||3 3⁄4 Cup (60 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whipped cream||2 Tablespoon (Or As Required)|
|Nutmeg||1 Teaspoon (Or To Taste)|
1) In a large saucepan, combine the pumpkin, onion and stock together.
2) Cover and bring to a boil, then simmer over a low heat for about 40 minutes.
3) Puree the pumpkin in a blender or press through a sieve.
4) Return the soup into the saucepan, stir occasionally and bring to a boil.
5) Stir in the milk, sugar, pepper, cinnamon and nutmeg.
6) Taste and adjust the seasoning, then heat thoroughly.
7) Top each serving of the Golden Pumpkin Soup with a spoonful of whipped cream lightly sprinkled with nutmeg and serve hot.
Calories 223 Calories from Fat 62
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.8%
Saturated Fat 3.5 g17.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 20.3 mg6.8%
Sodium 438.1 mg18.3%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g10.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.6%
Sugars 13.6 g
Protein 10 g19%
Vitamin A 335.8% Vitamin C 41.2%
Calcium 10.7% Iron 13.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet