Chicken Soup with Rice
|Chicken||2 1⁄2 Pound, cut up|
|Onion||1 , peeled and chopped|
|Carrot||1 , scraped and cut into 1-inch pieces|
|Parsnip||1 , peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), peeled|
|Fresh parsley sprigs/Dried parsley - 1 teaspoon||1 Teaspoon|
|Raw rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
1) In a slow cooker, put all the ingredients.
2) Cover the cooker and cook on LOW for 10 to 12 hours.
3) Once the cooking is done, remove the chicken pieces from the soup and skin and bone the meat.
4) Cut the meat into small cubes and put it back in the soup. In case the flavor seems bland, add some more salt and pepper.
5) Ladle the soup into individual serving bowls and serve while still piping hot. Makes an excellent appetizer.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2951 Calories from Fat 1148
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 127 g195.9%
Saturated Fat 36.3 g181.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 759.8 mg253.3%
Sodium 4677.1 mg194.9%
Total Carbohydrates 188 g62.7%
Dietary Fiber 9.7 g38.7%
Sugars 13.6 g
Protein 246 g492.5%
Vitamin A 237.1% Vitamin C 74.2%
Calcium 26.7% Iron 69.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet