Chicken Soup With Rice
|Chicken||2 1⁄2 Pound, cut up|
|Onion||1 , peeled and chopped|
|Carrot||1 , scraped and cut into 1-inch pieces|
|Parsnip||1 , peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), peeled|
|Fresh parsley sprigs/Dried parsley - 1 teaspoon||1 Teaspoon|
|Raw rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
1) In a slow cooker, put all the ingredients.
2) Cover the cooker and cook on LOW for 10 to 12 hours.
3) Once the cooking is done, remove the chicken pieces from the soup and skin and bone the meat.
4) Cut the meat into small cubes and put it back in the soup. In case the flavor seems bland, add some more salt and pepper.
5) Ladle the soup into individual serving bowls and serve while still piping hot. Makes an excellent appetizer.