Green Vegetable Soup
|Leeks||2 Bunch (200 gm), 8 medium sized|
|Potatoes||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), peeled and diced (2 Small Ones)|
|Canned regular strength chicken broth||28 Ounce (2 Cans Of 14 Ounce Each)|
|Frozen peas||1 Cup (16 tbs), thawed|
|Watercress leaves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), coarsely chopped|
|Sour cream||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Watercress leaves||3 (For Garnish)|
1) Wash the leeks and trim them.
2) Take a saucepan and melt butter into it.
3) Add leeks and cook on medium heat to make them soft.
4) Add potatoes and broth. Boil them, uncovered for 20 minutes.
5) Put peas and cook for another 5 minutes
6) Add the watercress.
7) Pour the mixture into the container of a blender and whirl them.
8) Make the puree of the whole mixture.
9) Put the soup back to the saucepan and add sour cream, salt and pepper.
10) Heat the soup slightly
11) serve in a serving bowl.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1030 Calories from Fat 473
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 54 g82.9%
Saturated Fat 32.4 g162.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 136.6 mg45.5%
Sodium 1535.5 mg64%
Total Carbohydrates 119 g39.7%
Dietary Fiber 20.8 g83.2%
Sugars 20 g
Protein 28 g55.3%
Vitamin A 167.9% Vitamin C 308.7%
Calcium 36.1% Iron 60.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet