2 Teaspoon (only 1 teaspoon salt if canned broth is used)
Half and half/Milk
2 Cup (32 tbs)
Shredded raw carrots
2 Tablespoon (adjust quantity as needed)
1. In a large saucepan melt butter. Add leeks and cook for several minutes.
2. Stir in potatoes, carrots, broth, salt, and pepper.
3. Boil the mixture, decrease heat and simmer for 30 minutes until tender.
4. Transfer the hot soup in blender or food processor to puree.
5. Transfer it back to pan.
6. Mix half-and-half and heat to serving temperature.
7. Garnish soup with shredded carrot.
8. This soup can also be chilled and served cold.