Shrimp Corn Soup
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Celery rib||1 , chopped|
|Chopped bell pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Canned whole tomatoes||16 Ounce (1 can)|
|Canned tomatoes||8 Ounce|
|Frozen corn kernels||24 Ounce|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Raw shrimp||2 Pound, peeled|
|Dried parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable cooking spray||1|
1) Spray a saucepan with cooking spray.
2) Add the onion and saute along with, celery, bell pepper, and garlic.
3) Stirring frequently, cook till the vegetables turn tender.
4) Mix a cup of fat free roux with 2 cups of warm water.
5) Add the hot water slowly into the vegetable mix. (You can add roux and water into a jar with a tight lid and shake well. Mix and pour over the vegetable mix).
6) Add in the tomatoes, tomato sauce, corn and seasonings and allow to boil.
7) Lower the heat and allow to simmer for about 1 hour.
8) Add in the shrimp and parsley to the soup.
9) Allow to boil again and cook for another 10 minutes.
10) Serve with cornbread or hot French bread.