Microwave Old Fashioned Turkey Soup
|Turkey carcass and skin||1|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs) (adjust quantity as needed)|
|Pearl barley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Diced carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a glass casserole, place skin and turkey carcass and fill it with water.
2. Wrap a plastic around the casserole.
3. Dip probe into the liquid.
4. In a microwave oven, place the casserole and cook on HIGH (9), HEAT & HOLD at 190°F for another 60 minutes, remove skin and carcass.
5. Detach the meat from bones and put it back to the broth.
6. Add pearl barley, onion, celery, and carrots and season it with salt-pepper.
7. Cook the casserole on HIGH (9) , HEAT & HOLD at 190°F for another 60 minutes, until the barley is soft.
8. Serve the Old fashioned turkey soup hot with rice.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 211 Calories from Fat 8
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.97 g1.5%
Saturated Fat 0.16 g0.82%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 190.7 mg7.9%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16.1%
Dietary Fiber 10.5 g41.9%
Sugars 15.2 g
Protein 5 g10.3%
Vitamin A 438.5% Vitamin C 38.5%
Calcium 12.7% Iron 5.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet