Creamy Broccoli Soup
|Broccoli florets||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Olive oil/Veg oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped yellow onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Canned vegetable broth||43 1⁄2 Ounce (3 cans, 14 1/2 ounce each)|
|Raw long grain rice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Nutmeg powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Bell pepper||1 , cut into strips|
1. In a medium sized sauce pan, place water for boiling.
2. Add 1 cup broccoli and blanch for 3 minutes.
3. Strain and place on to chilled water for few seconds. Drain and keep aside.
4. In a medium sized sauce pan, heat olive oil.
5. Add onion and garlic. Mix well and saute on a medium flame till onions turn translucent.
6. Add remaining 5 cups broccoli, rice, salt, pepper and nutmeg> Mix well and bring to a boil.
7. Once boiled, reduce flame and simmer for 20 minutes. Keep aside to cool.
8. Once cooled, place in electric mixer and blend till smooth.
9. Reheat and remove on to individual soup bowls.
10. Garnish each soup bowl with blanched broccoli, oregano, bell pepper and cheese. Serve immediately.