Cream of Mushroom Soup
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Heavy cream/Half and half||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a 3-quart saucepan melt butter.
2. Stir in onion and stems from mushrooms. Cook till tender.
3. Add flour and mix.
4. Stir in broth and mix.
5. Cook and stir over low heat until thick.
6. Add bay leaf, parsley sprigs, salt, and pepper.
7. Cook and simmer for 20 minutes.
8. Strain the soup and return back to pan.
9. In a small frying sautÃ© 2 tablespoons butter, sliced mushroom caps and lemon juice.
10. Mix strained broth to it and simmer for 10 minutes.
11. Combine cream and egg yolks.
12. Add little small amount of soup to yolks and mix.
13. Transfer add yolks to soup, stirring constantly.
14. Heat for 2 minutes.
15. Mix sour cream to it.
16. Serve the soup hot garnished with chopped parsley.