Roasted Chicken Soup
|Rotisserie chicken carcass with drippings||1|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄2 , finely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), quartered|
|Baby carrots||15 , sliced|
|Stalk celery||2 , sliced|
|Rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Noodles||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a medium sized sauce pan, combine chicken carcass, garlic, onion and water. Mix well and bring to boil.
2. Once boiled, reduce flame and cover and cook for 1 hour.
3. Remove and drain using a soup strainer. Reserve liquid and cooked meat.
4. In another sauce pan, combine drained liquid, cooked chicken meat, salt, vegetables and rice/ noodles. Mix well and simmer on a medium flame for few more minutes.
5. Serve piping hot in soup bowls.
You can use Cream of chicken soup as a base for a creamier texture.