Microwave Onion Gratin Soup
|Onions||3 Large, halved and thinly sliced|
|Condensed beef consomme||21 Ounce (2 cans, 10 1/2 ounce each)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|French bread loaf||1 , sliced|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
1. In a microwave oven, place a glass bowl and add butter into it. Cook on a setting of ROAST (7) for about 1 ½ minutes until the butter softens.
2. Add onions, cover and continue cooking on a setting of HIGH (9) for about 20 minutes until the onions turn tender and stir twice during the cooking.
3. Add water, consomme and wine.
4. Cover and cook for 10 minutes on a setting of HIGH (9) until the mixture starts boiling.
5. Spoon the mixture into 4 individual serving bowls.
6. Place bread on its top and sprinkle the cheese. Cook on ROAST (7) for another 6 minutes until the cheese softens.
7. Serve the Onion Gratin Soup with extra French bread.