Split Pea Soup
|Dried split peas||16 Ounce|
|Chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Carrot||1 , diced|
|Potato||1 Ounce, diced (1 whole)|
|Ham||8 Ounce (Healthy Choice)|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground tarragon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) Wash and sort the peas.
2) Add water 2 inches above the peas and soak overnight. Drain.
3) Transfer the peas into a pot with 2 quarts water, vegetables, ham and seasonings and allow to boil.
4) Place a lid and lower heat. Simmer for 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
5) Thin down with water if too thick.
6) This soup can be made in a crockpot.
7) Garnish with grated carrot and serve.