1) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
2) Cut the Acorn squash and butternut squash, scoop the seeds and place the cut side down on cookie sheet and bake in the preheated oven.
3) In heavy pan, heat the olive oil and add the vegetables. Stir and cook over low heat for 5 minutes. Add the red pepper, the nutmeg and the ginger. Stir and cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and set aside.
4) Spoon the baked flesh into a pot and discard the skin. Add 8 cups of water and bring to a boil. Bring to a boil, cover and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
5) Spoon mixture into food processor and puree until smooth.
6) Spoon back into the pot, add the pureed pumpkin, the vegetables and the salt. Stir, adjust the seasoning and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes.
7) Spoon the soup into a bowl, sprinkle with the almonds and serve.
Looking for a yummy soup recipe? Then this video is just the thing for you. Watch and learn to make the perfect pumpkin and squash soup that is bound to be loved by everyone. This is an easy to make recipe that will not take a lot of time to cook and will definitely turn out to be delicious. Watch the video to know more.