Iced Watercress Soup
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Grams)|
|Shallot||1 , finely chopped|
|Leek||1 , finely chopped|
|Potato||8 Ounce, chopped (250 Grams)|
|Watercress||2 Bunch (200 gm), chopped roughly|
|Homemade chicken stock||1 Pint (600 Milliliter)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|For the cheesy croutons|
|White bread slice||2 , crusts removed|
|English mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Matured cheddar cheese||2 Ounce, sliced (50 Grams)|
|Double cream||4 Tablespoon, lightly whipped (For Garnish)|
1) Preheat the grill.
2) In a saucepan, heat butter and add the shallot and leek.
3) Stir and allow to cook for 2 minutes without browning.
4) Mix in the potato and cook for 5 minutes continuing to stir
5) Mix in half the watercress, the stock, milk, and salt and pepper.
6) Slowly allow to boil, then cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
7) Turn off the heat and slightly cool.
8) Add into a blender or food processor, and puree and refrigerate.
9) Into an ice cube tray, pour a few tablespoons of the soup and freeze for 2 hours.
10) Continue to chill the remaining soup.
11) For the croutons, lightly toast the bread on both sides.
12) Spread mustard over and top with cheese.
13) Brown under the grill for 2-3 minutes.
14) Pour the soup into 4 bowls.
15) Add frozen soup to each bowl and allow to melt for 30 minutes.
16) Add in the remaining watercress.
17) Swirl cream on top.
18) Cut the toasted bread into squares and serve with the soup.