Curried Apple And Lima Bean Soup
|Dried lima beans||8 Ounce, soaked|
|Onion||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), chopped (3 Medium Sized)|
|Tart apple||1 Medium, peeled, cored and chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped (Large Clove)|
|Fresh ginger root||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped, peeled|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Curry powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Cumin||1⁄4 Teaspoon, grounded|
|Canned chicken broth||13 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Potato||1 Large, peeled and diced|
|Cider vinegar||1 Teaspoon|
|Green onion||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped|
1) Take the lima beans and drain them.
2) Place the lima beans into a large saucepan.
3) Add water to the saucepan and boil them over medium heat. Cover the saucepan and simmer for around 45 minutes.
4) Take a skillet and pour oil.
5) Saute the onion, garlic, apple and ginger over the medium heat for 5 minutes.
6) Add curry powder, salt, cumin and pepper. Saute them for another 1 minute.
7) Add onion mixture along with broth and potato to the lima beans. Cover the mixture and simmer for another 30 minutes.
8) With the help of a spoon, transfer the solids (in batches) into the container of a food processor. Add cooking liquid if required.
9) Blend them properly to make a puree.
10) Put the puree back to the saucepan along with the remaining cooking liquid.
11) Add vinegar, green onion and heat them for few minutes.
12) Serve the dish immediately.