Pimiento Basil Soup
|Canned whole tomatoes in thick puree||28 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Tomato juice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Whole sweet pimientos||9 1⁄3 Ounce, drained (2 Jars Of 4 2/3 Ounce)|
|Onion and garlic||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Fresh basil/Leaf basil - 1 1/2 tablespoons, soaked in 1 tablespoon water||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
1) Drain tomatoes and reserve puree.
2) Take a food processor container and place tomatoes in it. Cover and coarsely chop the tomatoes. Place tomatoes in a bowl of medium size.
3) In the food processor container, combine together tomato juice, onion, basil, garlic, pimientos and reserved puree. Run the processor on high speed until a smooth paste is formed.
4) In a bowl, combine pureed mixture and chopped tomatoes. Blend nicely. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5) Cover and refrigerate the soup.
6) Serve soup chilled and add extra seasonings if necessary. Garnish with dollops of plain yogurt or sour cream.