Creamy Avocado Soup
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped to make 1/2 cup|
|Whites of leeks||2 , trimmed, halved & chopped|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Chicken broth||1 Quart|
|Boiled potatoes||2 Pound, peeled and diced (4 In Number)|
|Plain low-fat yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Buttermilk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ripe avocados||2 , peeled and seeded and sliced|
|Lemons juice||4 Tablespoon (Of 2 Lemon)|
|Liquid red pepper seasoning||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Take a medium size stockpot and sautÃ© leeks and onion in it over medium heat. Cook until the onion and leeks turn tender but not brown.
2) Stir in broth and add potatoes. Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Allow the mixture to cool.
3) Place half the mixture in a food processor or electric blender and add buttermilk, yogurt, lemon juice and avocado. Whirl until nicely pureed. Repeat the same with the remaining potato mixture.
4) Transfer the pureed mixture to a large bowl and add salt, pepper and liquid red pepper seasoning.
5) Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Adjust the seasonings according to taste preferences.
6) Garnish each serving with a slice of lemon, if desired.