Summer Tomato Soup
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 Cup (32 tbs), finely chopped|
|Carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), coarsely chopped|
|Tomatoes||4 Pound, seeded and coarsely chopped|
|Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chervil||1 Bunch (100 gm), chopped|
|Basil||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|White pepper||To Taste|
|Creme fraiche||3 Tablespoon (Or As Required, For Garnish)|
|Chives||2 Tablespoon, chopped (For Garnish)|
1) In a large saucepan, saute the onions, carrots, celery and garlic over a medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2) Stir in the tomatoes and saute for 15 minutes.
3) Stir in the chicken stock, chervil and basil; simmer for 10 minutes.
4) In a blender or food processor, process the ingredients until smooth.
5) Return the soup into the saucepan, stir in the cream and simmer for 5 minutes.
6) Strain the soup through a wire mesh sieve into a pot.
7) Season with the salt and white pepper to taste.
8) Ladle the Summer Tomato Soup into heated soup bowls and serve topped with a dollop of creme fraiche and chopped chives.
Calories 347 Calories from Fat 201
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.2%
Saturated Fat 10.2 g51%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 56 mg18.7%
Sodium 200.1 mg8.3%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g10.9%
Dietary Fiber 7.7 g30.8%
Sugars 12.4 g
Protein 10 g20.3%
Vitamin A 164.4% Vitamin C 97.1%
Calcium 33.2% Iron 37.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet