Cold Spinach Soup
|Green onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|All-purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Low fat milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Spinach||10 Ounce, chopped (1 Package)|
|Fresh dill||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), snipped|
|Dairy sour cream/Plain low-fat yogurt||4 Ounce (For Serving)|
1) Take a medium saucepan and melt butter or margarine in it. Add green onions and sautÃ© until tender.
2) Add flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gently stir in milk. Reduce heat and cook until mixture becomes thick, stirring constantly.
3) Add spinach and cover saucepan. Cook for about 10 minutes or until spinach is cooked, constantly stirring the mixture with a fork to break spinach.
4) Season with pepper and salt. Add dill and cover the soup. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until cold enough.
5) Garnish with dill sprigs and place dollops of plain yogurt or sour cream, if desired.
Calories 132 Calories from Fat 72
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.6%
Saturated Fat 4.9 g24.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 22.1 mg7.4%
Sodium 94 mg3.9%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.4%
Sugars 5.1 g
Protein 5 g10.3%
Vitamin A 103.4% Vitamin C 33.2%
Calcium 17.3% Iron 10.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet