Creamy Vegetable Bacon Soup
|Frozen mixed vegetables||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Sliced celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1/4 Inch)|
|Milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Small, sliced|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Bacon drippings/Butter - 1/4 cup / margarine - 1/4 cup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (As Desired)|
|Crisp fried bacon slices||8 , broken into 1/2-inch pieces|
1. In a saucepan, place frozen vegetables and celery; pour enough water to cover them.
2. Cover and cook until vegetables are tender; drain well and keep warm.
3. Into a blender jar with stirring blades, put together 1 cup milk, onion, flour, salt and pepper; process for about 15 seconds until onion is finely chopped.
4. Into a heavy saucepan, pour the milk mixture, remaining milk, butter or margarine and bacon dripping.
5. Cook with constant stirring until sauce is hot and slightly thick.
6. 6. Stir in cooked vegetables and bacon; cook until heated through.
7. Serve Creamy Vegetable Bacon Soup with herbed bread.
Calories 410 Calories from Fat 230
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.5%
Saturated Fat 11.1 g55.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 30.6 mg10.2%
Sodium 1100.3 mg45.8%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.1%
Sugars 9.9 g
Protein 10 g20.6%
Vitamin A 76.8% Vitamin C 15%
Calcium 22% Iron 6.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet