Lamb And Vegetable Soup
|Lean lamb||1 Pound, cut into bite-size cubes|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Tomato paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Celery stalks with leaves||2 , sliced|
|Carrots||4 , sliced|
|Potatoes||2 , cut into 1/2-inch cubes|
|Leek||1 , sliced|
|Cabbage head||1⁄2 Small, coarsely shredded|
|Frozen cauliflower||10 Ounce, Defrosted (1 Package)|
|Frozen green beans||1 Cup (16 tbs), Defrosted|
|Fresh spinach leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs), torn into bite-size pieces|
|Chopped fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon|
1) Heat oil and cook lamb until brown
2) Transfer the meat in a slow cooker.
3) Pour off the excess fat from the pan.
4) In the same non-stick pan, pour in ½ cup of water and boil, stirring continuously to scrape the browned bits.
5) Pour the bits over the meat along with the remaining water, tomato paste, onion, celery, carrots, potatoes, leeks, cabbage and seasoning.
6) Put the lid on and simmer for 8 hours until vegetables are tender.
7) Raise the heat and stir in the cauliflower and green beans.
8) Allow to cook for 15 minutes.
9) Take the pan off the heat and stir in spinach and parsley.
10) Serve immediately in a warm soup bowl.