Minty Pea and Potato Soup
|Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Potatoes||28 Ounce, peeled and cut into small chunks (800 Gram / 1 Pound 12 Ounce)|
|Vegetable stock||1 3⁄4 Pint (1 Liter)|
|Frozen peas||12 Ounce (350 Gram)|
|Mint||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
1) In a large saucepan, saute the onion in oil for 5 minutes until softened.
2) Stir in the potatoes and vegetable stock, then bring to the boil.
3) Cover and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes until tender.
4) Add the peas during the last 2 minutes of the cooking time.
5) Remove a quarter of the vegetables with a slotted spoon and keep aside.
6) In a food processor or witha hand blender, blend the remaining vegetables and stock until smooth.
7) Combine with the reserved vegetables, mint and seasoning to taste.
8) Serve the Minty Pea and Potato Soup with bread on the side.