|Dried great northern beans||1⁄2 Pound|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Bacon slab||1⁄3 Pound|
|Carrots||4 Medium, sliced|
|Potatoes||2 , cubed|
|Tart apples||2 , peeled, cored, and quartered|
|Pears||2 , peeled, cored, and quartered|
|Green beans||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut into 1-inch pieces|
1) In a slow cooker, soak beans in water overnight.
2) Do not drain the water.
3) Put the bacon in the slow cooker.
4) Put the lid on and cook over high heat for 2 to 3 hours, until tender.
5) Stir in the carrots, potatoes, fruits, and seasoning in the bean mixture.
6) Put the lid on and simmer for 8 hours, until tender.
7) Mix in the green beans, during last 10 minutes of cooking.
8) Take the bacon out of the bean mixture and slice thinly.
9) Serve the soup hot with bacon placed on the rim of the soup bowls.
Calories 571 Calories from Fat 162
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.2%
Saturated Fat 6.3 g31.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 30 mg10%
Sodium 330.9 mg13.8%
Total Carbohydrates 85 g28.2%
Dietary Fiber 19.8 g79.2%
Sugars 21.3 g
Protein 20 g40.9%
Vitamin A 204.2% Vitamin C 224.8%
Calcium 18.4% Iron 23.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet