Just in time for your thanksgiving dinner my homemade pumpkin soup.
Please see video
1. In a shallow pan, heat butter and oil over moderately high heat.
2. Now add celery, onion, leeks, ginger and garlic and sauté it for 5-6 minutes till soft.
3. Add chicken stock and pumpkin. Turn on the heat, bring this to a boil.
4. Once it comes to a boil, cover the pan with a lid and cook for another 20 minutes in a low flame until the pumpkin are soft.
5. Using a stick blender, puree the soup.
6. Add the brown sugar and all spice and stir. Your pumpkin soup is ready.
7. Serve with a dollop of sour cream.
Pumpkin soup is a clear indication that autumn has arrived! And no, you don’t really need a big list of fancy-schmancy ingredients to make this quintessential fall-favorite. Just fresh pumpkins and a few pantry staples and you have a nutritious, scrumptious soup that will warm you to the core making you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Find it hard to believe? Then just stream the video and surprise yourself.