Christmas Curried Broccoli Soup
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Sliced leeks||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Broccoli florets||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic clove||1 Small, minced|
|Chicken stock||3 Cup (48 tbs) (Curry Powder - 1/4 Teaspoon)|
|Egg yolk||1 Large (Curry Powder - 1/4 Teaspoon)|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Curry Powder - 1/4 Teaspoon)|
|Broccoli florets||6 Small, blanched (Curry Powder - 1/4 Teaspoon)|
|Curry powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) In a 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium flame.
2) Add in the leeks, broccoli, garlic and curry powder. Cook until the vegetables become tender.
3) Transfer the vegetables to a blender once slightly cooled. Blend to a smooth puree.
4) Transfer the puree back into the pan. Add in the chicken stock. Cook on simmer for 10 minutes.
5) In a small bowl, mix together egg yolk and whipped cream.
6) Slowly whisk in half the amount of the hot puree into the whipped cream. Transfer back into the pan.
7) Cook for a few minutes without letting the mixture boil. Stir a few times.
8) Serve the Christmas Curried Broccoli Soup garnished with blanched broccoli florets, if desired.
Calories 266 Calories from Fat 176
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.3%
Saturated Fat 12.1 g60.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 100.4 mg33.5%
Sodium 202.9 mg8.5%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.76 g3%
Sugars 5.6 g
Protein 5 g10.6%
Vitamin A 39.9% Vitamin C 70.6%
Calcium 7.4% Iron 8.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet