Potatoes - 10 oz [300 g]
Garlic - 1 clove
Chicken stock - 1 pint [500 ml]
Single cream - 1/2 pint [250 ml]
Salt and pepper
1) Peel the potatoes and cut them into cubes.
2) In a pan, melt the butter.
3) Saute the leeks in butter and add the potatoes, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
4) Stir in the stock and let the vegetables simmer for 25 minutes.
5) Through a sieve, pass the tender vegetables or liquidise them in blender to make a puree.
6) Add the garlic clove to puree.
7) Keep the soup in refrigerator to chill.
8) Before serving, remove the garlic.
9) Stir in the cream to soup and serve chilled.