Potato And Avocado Pear Soup
Onion - 1; peeled and chopped
Garlic - 1 clove, crushed
Butter - 2 oz [50 g]
Avocado pears - 2 ripe; peeled and de-stoned
Curry powder - 1 teaspoon [1x5 ml spoon]
Stock - 1 pint [500 ml]
Lemon juice - 2 teaspoons [2x5 ml spoons]
Salt and pepper
Croutons - for garnish
1) Cut, chop or dice the vegetables.
2) Chop the avocado.
3) In a pan, melt the butter.
4) Lightly fry the onions, garlic and potatoes in the melted butter.
5) To the pan, add the chopped avocado pears with a little of the curry powder.
6) Cover with stock, let it boil and then simmer for 20 minutes.
7) Through a sieve, pass the vegetables or liquidise them in a blender to make puree.
8) Reheat the puree, and season to taste.
9) Add the lemon juice.
10) Serve the potato and avocado pear soup hot garnished with croutons of fried bread.