Stilton Cheese Soup
Onion - 1 no, finely chopped
Celery Stalks - 5 nos, finely chopped
Flour - 1/2 cup
Dry Vermouth - 1/2 cup
Chicken Stock - 2 cups
Milk - 1/2 cup
Whipping Cream - 1/2 cup
Stilton Cheese OR Blue Cheese - 4 ounces, crumbled
White Pepper - Freshly Ground
1) In a 2-quart saucepan, melt butter.
2) Add in the onions and celery. Saute till they soften for about 5 minutes. Do not let the mixture boil.
3) Add in the flour and stir well for about 1 minute.
4) Add in dry vermouth and stock. Let the mixture come to boil. Stir constantly till the mixture thickens.
5) Let the mixture simmer for about 30 minutes over low flame.
6) Transfer the mixture to a blender. Puree the mixture and sieve into a clean saucepan.
7) Add in milk. Heat the mixture on low flame.
8) Add in the whipping cream and cheese. Stir till the latter has melted. Do not let the mixture come to boil.
9) Serve the Stilton Cheese Soup garnished with chopped parsley.