Rich Potato Soup
Onion - 1/2 cup, chopped
Tomatoes - 2 cans
Baking Potatoes - 6 cups, diced
Fresh Parsley - 1/4 cup, chopped
Celery - 1 cup, diagonally sliced
Celery Leaves - 2 tablespoons, chopped
Beef Stock - 1 1/2 cups
Bay Leaf - 1 no
Salt - 1 teaspoon or more
Dried Thyme - 1/2 teaspoon
Black Pepper - 1/4 teaspoon, freshly ground
Fresh Lemon Juice - 1 teaspoon
1) In a 2-quart saucepan, melt butter on medium flame.
2) Add in the onions and saute for about 5 minutes.
3) Next, add in tomatoes, potatoes, parsley, celery, celery leaves, beef stock, bay leaf, salt, thyme, pepper and lemon juice.
4) Let the mixture come to boil. Turn down the flame and cook on simmer for about 30 minutes, till the potatoes soften.
5) Discard the bay leaf.
6) Serve the Rich Potato Soup garnished with chopped parsley.