Chicken breast meat - 4-5 oz (100-150 g)
White mushrooms - 4 oz (100 g)
Egg whites - 2-3, beaten
Cornflour paste - 1 tablespoon, thick
Stock - 1 pint (600 ml)
Salt to taste
MSG (optional) - a dash
Sesame oil (optional) - a few drops
Fresh coriander leaves - to garnish
1. To prepare the chicken cut the chicken meat into thin slices about the size of postage stamps.
2. Thinly slice the mushrooms.
3. In a bowl blend the egg whites with the cornflour paste, making the mixture smooth.
4. In a saucepan bring the stock to a rolling boil, stir in the chicken first followed by the mushrooms.
5. Return to the boil, then very slowly pour in the egg white and cornflour mixture, stirring constantly.
6. As soon as the soup thickens, add salt, MSG if using and sesame oil.