Chestnut Potato Soup
|Potatoes||1 Pound, peeled and sliced (500 Gram)|
|Chestnut puree||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Leeks||2 , washed and chopped|
|Watercress||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Stock||1 1⁄4 Pint (625 Milliliter)|
|Cream/Milk||1 1⁄4 Pint (625 Milliliter)|
1) Peel, chop or slice the vegetables.
2) In a frying pan, melt the butter and fry the potatoes and leeks for 2-3 minutes.
3) Season the vegetables.
4) Add the chestnut puree, and stir in the watercress and stock.
5) Simmer for 30-40 minutes; then sieve the vegetables or liquidize them to make puree.
6) Adjust the seasoning.
7) Add the cream or milk to the soup, reaheat the mixture but do not boil and serve piping hot with some bread.
Calories 831 Calories from Fat 123
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.5%
Saturated Fat 9.3 g46.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 27.3 mg9.1%
Sodium 545 mg22.7%
Total Carbohydrates 165 g54.8%
Dietary Fiber 6.6 g26.4%
Sugars 57.4 g
Protein 15 g30.6%
Vitamin A 55% Vitamin C 73.4%
Calcium 42% Iron 15.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet