Chestnut Potato Soup
|Potatoes||1 Pound, peeled and sliced (500 Gram)|
|Chestnut puree||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Leeks||2 , washed and chopped|
|Watercress||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Stock||1 1⁄4 Pint (625 Milliliter)|
|Cream/Milk||1 1⁄4 Pint (625 Milliliter)|
1) Peel, chop or slice the vegetables.
2) In a frying pan, melt the butter and fry the potatoes and leeks for 2-3 minutes.
3) Season the vegetables.
4) Add the chestnut puree, and stir in the watercress and stock.
5) Simmer for 30-40 minutes; then sieve the vegetables or liquidize them to make puree.
6) Adjust the seasoning.
7) Add the cream or milk to the soup, reaheat the mixture but do not boil and serve piping hot with some bread.