Curried Chicken and Apple Soup
|Vegetable cooking spray||1|
|Chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shredded carrot||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cooking apple||1 Medium, cored|
|Hot water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Chicken flavored bouillon granules||1 Tablespoon|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Curry powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Skim milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chopped and cooked chicken breasts||2 Cup (32 tbs), skinned before cooking and cooked without salt|
1) Spray the Dutch oven with cooking spray and heat it over medium heat.
2) SautÃ© the onion, carrot and celery to make them tender.
3) Put sliced apples along with hot water, bouillon granules and all-purpose flour. Mix them properly.
4) Add this mixture to the vegetable mixture. Add some curry powder, and pepper. Add water if required.
5) Boil the mixture on low heat. Allow it to simmer for 5 minutes or more to make the mixture thick.
6) Lastly, add milk and chicken. Cook over low heat.
7) Serve the soup hot or cold with crusty bread.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1127 Calories from Fat 93
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g16.1%
Saturated Fat 1 g5.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 7 mg2.3%
Sodium 419.5 mg17.5%
Total Carbohydrates 114 g37.9%
Dietary Fiber 14.9 g59.7%
Sugars 60.2 g
Protein 148 g295.7%
Vitamin A 519% Vitamin C 58.7%
Calcium 60.9% Iron 23.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet