Jicama and Chicken Soup
|Chicken breast||1 , split in half|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm)|
|Cumin||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Tomatillos||8 , husked, well rinsed, and quartered|
|Tomatoes||5 , 2 diced (reserve juice), 3 cut into wedges|
|Jicama||6 Ounce, peeled and coarsely grated|
|Salsa||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|String cheese||2 Ounce, mozzarella cheese, coarsely chopped|
1) Wash chicken and pat dry on paper towels.
2) In a 2-quart saucepan, boil 5 to 6 cups water mixed with salt and then add chicken.
3) Mix in 2 cloves garlic and 1 teaspoon cumin.
4) Boil again and then lower heat.
5) Place lid and simmer for 20 minutes or till well cooked.
6) Pass the broth through a sieve and keep aside for later use. Cool chicken.
7) Skin, bone, and shred the chicken into pieces.
8) In a saucepan, add 1 cup of the broth, tomatillos, tomato wedges, the remaining cumin, and the remaining garlic.
9) Simmer on high for 6 to 8 minutes till tender.
10) Blend and liquify the mix.
11) Transfer to saucepan again and add in 2 to 3 cups broth, jfcama, chicken, diced tomatoes, and salsa and heat.
12) Equally divide the cheese between 2 large soup bowls and add in the soup and serve.