Asparagus And Mushroom Egg Drop Soup
|Asparagus spears||1⁄4 Pound, trimmed, scaled and cut into 1 inch pieces|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Chicken flavored bouillon granules||1 Teaspoon|
|Sliced fresh mushrooms||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Reduced sodium soy sauce||1 1⁄4 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|White pepper||1 Pinch|
|Dry sherry||2 Tablespoon|
|Cornstarch||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Egg||1 , lightly beaten|
|Green onion||2 , finely chopped|
1. In a small bowl, combine sherry and cornstarch. Mix well and keep aside.
2. In a large sized sauce pan, combine water and bouillon granules. Mix well and bring to boil.
3. Add chopped asparagus, garlic, mushrooms, soy sauce and white pepper. Mix well.
4. Cook on a low flame for 3 minutes or till asparagus is cooked.
5. Add sherry-cornstarch mixture, mix well and cook till soup thickens, while stirring continuously.
6. Add beaten egg and keep stirring. Egg will form strands while cooking.
7. Remove off flame and pour in individual soup bowls.
8. Garnish with onions and serve immediately.