Sweet Cherry Soup
|Cardamom powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Water||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Unsweetened white grape juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cinnamon stick||3 Inch|
|Pitted sweet cherries||1 Pound|
|Burgundy/Dry red wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch, 2 tablespoons water and cardamom powder. Mix well and keep aside.
2. In a large sized sauce pan, combine remaining water with cinnamon and grape juice. Bring to a boil.
3. Once boiled, add cherries. Mix well; cover and cook on a low flame for 15 minutes or till cherries are cooked.
4. Add cornstarch mixture and mix well. Cook for few more minutes till mixture thickens, while stirring continuously.
5. Once thickened, remove from heat and discard cinnamon stick.
6. Pour on to a serving bowl and cling wrap. Chill till service.
7. Just before serving, add wine and mix once. Serve chilled.
Calories 136 Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.05 g0.08%
Saturated Fat 0.01 g0.05%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 0.62 mg0.03%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g10%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.8%
Sugars 15.8 g
Protein 1 g2.1%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 3.9%
Calcium 4.1% Iron 3.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet