Egg Drop Soup
|For chicken stock|
|Lean pork belly||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Onion||1 Large, cut into chunks|
|Bay leaf||1 Large|
|Water||2 1⁄2 Pint (1.4 Liter)|
|Spring onions||6 , finely chopped|
|Chopped fresh coriander||2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||4 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Corn flour||2 Teaspoon|
|Cold water||1 Tablespoon|
|Eggs||2 , beaten lightly with a fork|
1. In a medium sized wok, combine all the ingredients and mix well. Bring to a boil.
2. Discard scum which rises to surface while boiling.
3. Once boiled, reduce flame and cover and cook for 60 minutes.
4. Once cooked, strain mixture through a soup strainer which is lined with muslin cloth.
5. Shred the boiled chicken joints and add to prepared stock. Keep aside.
6. In a small bowl, combine corn flour with water and mix well. Keep aside.
7. In a clean wok, re heat stock. Add soy sauce, salt and pepper. Mix well.
8. Add corn flour mixture and bring to boil.
9. Reduce flame and simmer till it starts to thicken.
10. Add spring onions, coriander and bring to boil.
11. Once boiled, remove off flame and add eggs in a thin stream. It will start to set like strips in the soup.
12. Transfer on to soup bowls and serve immediately.
Calories 191 Calories from Fat 58
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.8%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 144.3 mg48.1%
Sodium 1019.3 mg42.5%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.6%
Sugars 4.3 g
Protein 20 g39.9%
Vitamin A 17.5% Vitamin C 21.2%
Calcium 6.2% Iron 11.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet