Creamy Navy Bean Soup
|Dried navy beans||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Vegetable cooking spray||1|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Chopped carrots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Chicken flavored bouillon granules||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Wash the navy beans and put them in a large Dutch oven.
2) Cover the beans with water and soak for overnight.
3) Drain the beans and keep aside.
4) Take a large skillet and coat with the cooking spray.
5) Heat the skillet over medium heat.
6) Put onion, carrots and celery. SautÃ© them until they are crisp and tender.
7) Remove from the heat.
8) Mix the beans and vegetable mixture in a Dutch oven.
9) Stir in water along with other ingredients.
10) Bring them to boil and reduce the heat.
11) Simmer for 1 hour.
12) Discard the bay leaf
13) Pour half of the mixture into the container of an electric blender. Process until it becomes smooth.
14) Keep the mixture into the Dutch oven and stir well.
15) Cook over low heat till thoroughly heated.
16) Ladle the hot soup into soup bowls and serve with crust bread.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 715 Calories from Fat 40
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.1%
Saturated Fat 0.67 g3.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 115.5 mg4.8%
Total Carbohydrates 134 g44.6%
Dietary Fiber 46.8 g187.2%
Sugars 21.4 g
Protein 40 g80.4%
Vitamin A 220.5% Vitamin C 35.6%
Calcium 34.3% Iron 56.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet