Creamy Navy Bean Soup
|Dried navy beans||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Vegetable cooking spray||1|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Chopped carrots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Chicken flavored bouillon granules||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Wash the navy beans and put them in a large Dutch oven.
2) Cover the beans with water and soak for overnight.
3) Drain the beans and keep aside.
4) Take a large skillet and coat with the cooking spray.
5) Heat the skillet over medium heat.
6) Put onion, carrots and celery. SautÃ© them until they are crisp and tender.
7) Remove from the heat.
8) Mix the beans and vegetable mixture in a Dutch oven.
9) Stir in water along with other ingredients.
10) Bring them to boil and reduce the heat.
11) Simmer for 1 hour.
12) Discard the bay leaf
13) Pour half of the mixture into the container of an electric blender. Process until it becomes smooth.
14) Keep the mixture into the Dutch oven and stir well.
15) Cook over low heat till thoroughly heated.
16) Ladle the hot soup into soup bowls and serve with crust bread.