Peppery Garbanzo Bean Soup
|Garbanzo beans||15 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Vegetable cooking spray||1|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Green pepper||1 Medium, seeded and chopped|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Chicken flavored bouillon granules||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Tomato||1 Medium, peeled and chopped|
|Red pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1) Wash the garbanzo beans with cold water for 1 minute. Drain the beans properly.
2) Coat the Dutch oven with cooking spray and heat it over medium heat.
3) Put the onions, green pepper and parsley.
4) SautÃ© them well until they becomes tender.
5) Stir in the beans and other ingredients.
6) Cover and bring them to boil.
7) Simmer for about 20 minutes on low heat.
8) Remove the bay leaf before serving the soup.