Peppery Garbanzo Bean Soup
|Garbanzo beans||15 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Vegetable cooking spray||1|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Green pepper||1 Medium, seeded and chopped|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Chicken flavored bouillon granules||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Tomato||1 Medium, peeled and chopped|
|Red pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1) Wash the garbanzo beans with cold water for 1 minute. Drain the beans properly.
2) Coat the Dutch oven with cooking spray and heat it over medium heat.
3) Put the onions, green pepper and parsley.
4) SautÃ© them well until they becomes tender.
5) Stir in the beans and other ingredients.
6) Cover and bring them to boil.
7) Simmer for about 20 minutes on low heat.
8) Remove the bay leaf before serving the soup.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1742 Calories from Fat 237
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.3%
Saturated Fat 3.1 g15.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 130.8 mg5.4%
Total Carbohydrates 298 g99.3%
Dietary Fiber 82.3 g329.2%
Sugars 64.7 g
Protein 87 g174.5%
Vitamin A 64.3% Vitamin C 316.2%
Calcium 55% Iron 162.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet