Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup
|For chicken stock|
|Lean pork belly||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Onion||1 Large, cut into chunks|
|Bay leaf||1 Large|
|Water||2 1⁄2 Pint (1.4 Liter)|
|Sweet corn||12 Ounce (350 Gram)|
|Finely chopped spring onions||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Corn flour||2 Teaspoon|
|Cold water||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a medium sized wok, combine all the ingredients and mix well. Bring to a boil.
2. Discard scum which rises to surface while boiling.
3. Once boiled, reduce flame and cover and cook for 60 minutes.
4. Once cooked, strain mixture through a soup strainer which is lined with muslin cloth.
5. Shred the boiled chicken joints and keep aside.
6. In a small bowl, combine corn flour with water and mix well. Keep aside.
7. In a clean wok, re heat stock. Add ¾ quantity sweet corn, salt and pepper.
8. Mix well and bring to boil.
9. Once boiled, reduce flame, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Keep aside to cool.
10. Once cool, place in electric mixer and blend till smooth.
11. Place back in clean wok and add corn flour mixture, if soup is runny.
12. Mix well and bring to boil.
13. Once boiled, reduce flame, add remaining corn, shredded chicken, salt and pepper (as desired) and mix well. Simmer for 5 minutes.
14. Transfer on to soup bowls, garnish with spring onions and serve immediately.
Calories 214 Calories from Fat 43
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.5%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 38.6 mg12.9%
Sodium 145.7 mg6.1%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9.1%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.9%
Sugars 6.2 g
Protein 18 g36.3%
Vitamin A 5.1% Vitamin C 22.7%
Calcium 3.2% Iron 8.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet