Minted English Pea Soup
|Frozen english peas||20 Ounce (2 Package, 10 Ounce Each)|
|Onion||1 Medium, coarsely chopped|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Mint leaves||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|All-purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Skim milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Plain low-fat yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Combine the peas, onion, and water in a Dutch oven and bring them to boil.
2) Simmer for 15 minutes on low heat.
3) Remove from the heat and stir in minced mint.
4) Put the mixture into the container of an electric blender and process it until smooth. Keep the mixture aside.
5) Take the margarine and melt it in a Dutch oven on low heat.
6) Add flour and keep stirring the mixture.
7) Cook the mixture for 1 minute.
8) Add milk and cook over medium heat.
9) Make sure to stir the mixture constantly.
10) Cook over low heat
11) Add the pea mixture along with salt and pepper.
12) Cook over low heat until thoroughly heated.
13) Pour the soup into soup bowls and top with yogurt.
14) Garnish the soup with sprig of mint.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 990 Calories from Fat 155
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.2%
Saturated Fat 4.4 g21.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.1 mg5.4%
Sodium 1202.7 mg50.1%
Total Carbohydrates 156 g52%
Dietary Fiber 32.3 g129%
Sugars 68.8 g
Protein 58 g115.8%
Vitamin A 271.4% Vitamin C 220.7%
Calcium 102.8% Iron 68.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet