Carrot Soup A L'Orange
|Vegetable cooking spray||1 (As Required)|
|Onion||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Chicken-flavored bouillon granules||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Unsweetened orange juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Carrot||4 Cup (64 tbs), sliced|
|Orange rind||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Ginger powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. In a small bowl, combine bouillon with water and mix well. Keep aside.
2. In a large casserole pot/ soup pot/ Dutch oven, coat with cooking spray. Keep to heat.
3. Once hot, add onions and sautÃ© on a medium flame.
4. Add water- bouillon mixture and rest of the ingredients. Mix well and bring to boil.
5. Once boiled, reduce flame and simmer for 15 minutes or till carrots are cooked.
6. Remove from flame and keep aside to cool.
7. Once cooled, transfer contents to an electric mixer and blend till smooth.
8. Pour on to a serving bowl, cling wrap and refrigerate till service.
9. Serve chilled.