Black Eyed Pea Soup
|Whole tomatoes||28 Ounce, undrained (1 Can)|
|Black-eyed peas||20 Ounce, frozen (2 Package 10 Ounce Each)|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Chicken-flavored bouillon granules||1 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried whole oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried whole thyme||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Red pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Turkey breast||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked and chopped (skinned before cooking and cooked without salt)|
1) In a large Dutch Oven, combine together the tomatoes, black-eyed peas, onion, water, bouillon granules, Worcestershire sauce, oregano, pepper, thyme, red pepper and garlic.
2) Bring the contents to a boil.
3) Reduce the heat and gently simmer the mixture, uncovered, for about 30 minutes.
4) Add the carrots, celery, green pepper and parsley and simmer for another 30 minutes.
5) Add the turkey and continue to simmer for 30 minutes more, till the contents are tender.
6) Into serving bowls, ladle the soup and serve while still piping hot.