Asparagus Escarole Soup
|Asparagus spears||1⁄2 Pound|
|Escarole||3 Cup (48 tbs), chopped|
|Chicken flavored bouillon granules||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Low fat buttermilk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Parsley||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Commercial croutons||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Snap the rough ends of the asparagus off.
2) With a knife or vegetable peeler, remove the scales if preferred.
3) Cut the asparagus into 1-inch pieces.
4) In a 2-quart glass measure, combine together the asparagus, escarole, bouillon granules and water.
5) With heavy-duty plastic wrap, cover the measure and vent.
6) Microwave the mixture at HIGH for 8 to 9 minutes or till the asparagus is soft.
7) Let the mixture stand for about 1 minute.
8) Into the container of an electric blender or food processor, pour the mixture.
9) Add the parsley and buttermilk and process till smooth.
10) Into serving bowls, ladle the soup and top each serving with 1 tablespoon of croutons. Serve right away as an appetizer.