Creamed Zucchini Soup with Shrimp
|Water||4 1⁄2 Cup (72 tbs), divided|
|Vegetable cooking spray||1|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Chicken-flavored bouillon granules||1 Tablespoon|
|Basil||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Skim milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
1) Take a saucepan and boil 1 1/2 cups of water in it. Add the shrimp to the boiling water.
2) Cook the shrimp for 3-4 minutes on low heat.
3) Drain the shrimp and wash with cold running water.
4) Peel and devein the shrimp. Chop the shrimp with a sharp knife and keep aside.
5) Take a Dutch oven and spray it with cooking spray. Heat the oven over medium heat.
6) SautÃ© the onion and garlic to make them soft.
7) Add zucchini, bouillon granules, basil, pepper and 3 cups of water. Boil them properly.
8) Simmer for 10 minutes to make the zucchini soft.
9) Once the zucchini is cooked, transfer it to the container of the electric blender and proceeds till it becomes smooth.
10) Put this mixture in the Dutch oven and add cheese and milk.
11) Cook on low heat till the cheese is completely melted.
12) Put the shrimp and cook for another few minutes.
13) To serve, divide the soup among bowls or cups. Garnish with a shrimp on each serving.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 715 Calories from Fat 126
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g22.1%
Saturated Fat 5.8 g28.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 366.4 mg122.1%
Sodium 963.2 mg40.1%
Total Carbohydrates 75 g25%
Dietary Fiber 13.8 g55.1%
Sugars 40.6 g
Protein 77 g153.8%
Vitamin A 62.4% Vitamin C 298.9%
Calcium 91.7% Iron 55%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet