Cream Of Endive Soup
|Belgian endives||1 Pound, trimmed, washed, finely chopped (6 medium size)|
|Leeks||2 , including 2 inches of the green tops, trimmed, thoroughly washed to rid them of all sand, then finely chopped|
|Baking potato||1⁄2 Pound, peeled, finely chopped (1 medium sized)|
|White pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Milk||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Butter||4 Tablespoon, softened|
1) Heat a heavy 3- to 4-quart casserole over moderate heat. Melt 4 tablespoons of butter.
2) After the foam subsides, put in the endives and leeks, and sautÃ© until the vegetables are evenly coated with the butter.
3) Lower the heat to the lowest, cover tightly, and let the vegetables to braise for about 10 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft and translucent but not brown.
4) Add in the potato and stir. Season with salt and pepper.
5) Add in the milk, and allow it come to a simmer over moderate heat, stirring from time to time.
6) Reduce the heat to low again and simmer uncovered for about 45 minutes.
7) When the soup is fully cooked, the potatoes would have almost turned into a light puree.
8) Check the seasoning. Add the softened butter into the soup and swirl it around.
9) Serve at once in individual soup plates.