Fresh Pea Soup
|New red potatoes||1 Pound (8 whole)|
|Green onions||6 , chopped in 1/2 inch pieces|
|Fresh peas||1 Pound, shelled, reserving 6 whole peapods for garnish|
|Heavy cream||1 Pint|
|Chopped fresh chives||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground white pepper||1 Teaspoon|
1. In a saucepan, boil the skinned- potatoes in lightly salted water.
2. Boil for about 12 minutes of until fork tender; skim off any foam and set aside.
3. In a skillet over medium temperature, melt 2 tablespoons butter and add onions and peas; sautÃ© for about 7 minutes or until just soft.
4. In a blender container, combine together the onions, peas, and potatoes, adding enough from the potato stock to cover.
5. Blend briefly so that mixture is flecked with small bits of vegetables.
6. Pour mixture back into saucepan, adding cream, chives, pepper, and remaining butter; heat soup thoroughly until butter melts.
7. Arrange into individual serving bowls and garnish with reserved peapods.
Calories 685 Calories from Fat 475
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 54 g83.2%
Saturated Fat 33.5 g167.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 188.6 mg62.9%
Sodium 53.5 mg2.2%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.2%
Dietary Fiber 8.5 g34.1%
Sugars 7.9 g
Protein 12 g23.6%
Vitamin A 79.2% Vitamin C 134.2%
Calcium 14.6% Iron 17.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet