Garden Vegetable Soup
|Beef bouillon||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Coarsely chopped tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Thinly sliced carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green beans||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut in 1 inch pieces|
|Zucchini||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced 1/8 inch thick|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), pressed or minced|
|Corn starch||2 Tablespoon|
|Thyme||1⁄8 Teaspoon, ground|
|Corn oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) In a 5-quart dutch oven or saucepot, heat corn oil over a medium flame.
2) Add onion and garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes.
2) Add tomatoes, carrots, zucchini, green beans and celery seed. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
3) While the vegetables are cooking, take a small bowl and stir together corn starch and water to form a smooth paste.
4) When the vegetables are done, add the corn starch paste and cook for 1 minute over medium heat.
5) Bring to boil and then turn off heat.
6) Season with thyme and pepper. Enjoy the delicious soup on a cold evening with your family!
Calories 230 Calories from Fat 98
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.1%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g5.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 837.8 mg34.9%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.5%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g22.8%
Sugars 9.1 g
Protein 6 g12.4%
Vitamin A 190.4% Vitamin C 50.2%
Calcium 6.6% Iron 7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet