Coconut Cream and Green Bean Winter Soup
|Carrot||1 Medium, cut into fine strips|
|Sesame oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh lemon grass||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Grated fresh ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground turmeric||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground coriander||2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh green chilies||2 , chopped|
|Green shallots||2 , chopped|
|Green beans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Canned coconut cream||200 Milliliter (1 can)|
|Water||200 Milliliter (2 cups, adjust quantity as needed)|
|Vegetable stock cubes||1 , crumbled|
|Bean sprouts||125 Gram (2 cups)|
|Fresh coriander leaves||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
1. In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
2. Add the lemon grass, garlic and ginger and sauté for 1 minute.
3. Add the spices and sauté another minute or so, to extract the flavors.
4. Now add the carrots, chilies, shallots, beans and stir fry quickly.
5. Pour in the coconut cream and water and crumble in the stock cube. Stir to blend.
6. Bring the soup to a boil then reduce the heat to low.
7. Simmer the soup for another 5 to 8 minutes.
8. Stir in the bean sprouts and the coriander just before serving.
9. Enjoy the soup immediately.