Creamy Turkey Soup
|Bouquet garni||1 (1 bundle)|
|Chopped onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Potatoes||6 Ounce, peeled and diced|
|Carrot||1 Medium, peeled and finely diced|
|Celery stalks||2 , chopped|
|Curry powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Evaporated milk/Single cream||1⁄4 Pint (for finish)|
|Freshly chopped parsley||1⁄2 Teaspoon (for finish)|
1) Take off all the meat from carcass and cut into small pieces.
2) In a saucepan, place the carcass and cover with water.
3) Put the bouquet garni and heat to boil.
4) Half cover and cook gently for 2 hours.
5) Drain the stock and allow to cool, remove the fat from the surface.
6) Measure 3 3/4 cups of stock, if less add water.
7) In a saucepan, melt butter and sautÃ© onion until translucent.
8) Add the curry powder and cook for 1 minute and stir in vegetable, stock and season to taste.
9) Put the lid on and cook gently for 30 minutes or until the vegetable are tender.
10) Add in the reserved turkey meat.
11) If you wish to freeze the dish, then do so at this stage. Pour the cooled soup mixture in a plastic container.
12) Seal, label, and freeze the container.
13) In a small cup mix together milk or cream and flour.
14) Pour the flour mixture into the soup and simmer until the soup thickens.
15) Serve hot garnished with parsley.
16) If using frozen soup, reheat gently from frozen on top of the stove, stir in the flour mixture until thickened.
17) Serve as mentioned in step 15.