Chilled Avocado Soup
|Ripe avocados||2 , peeled, stoned and roughly chopped|
|Chicken stock||1 Pint|
|Finely chopped onion||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground white pepper||To Taste|
|Single cream||1⁄4 Pint (for finish)|
|Snipped chives||1⁄4 Teaspoon (for finish)|
1) In an electric blender, place together avocados, stock, onion, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce.
2) Process the avocado mixture until smooth.
3) Season to taste.
4) Pour the avocado mixture into a bowl.
5) Cover and refrigerate until chill.
6) Stir in the cream until well mixed.
7) If you wish to freeze the dish, then do so at this stage. Pour avocado mixture without craem into a rigid container, seal, label and freeze.
8) Serve chilled garnished with chives.
9) If using frozen avocado mixture, thaw in the refrigerator for 8 hours.
10) Stir in the cream.
11) Serve as explained in step 8.